Ep. 24: How to Make a Plan to Vote
We’re coming down to the wire, people. We keep hearing the phrase, “Make a plan to vote.” But what the heck does that mean?
Welcome to another episode of Hell Hath No Fury. My name is Ana Maria, and I am host of Sassy Political Coach. Today, I’m going to coach you on how to make YOUR VERY OWN personal plan to vote.
Today, I’m going to coach you on how to make YOUR VERY OWN personal plan to vote. Because this is how we bring Hell Hath No Fury into the voting booth where we make our fury felt. Now, all of the links that I’m going to share with you are found on my website at sassypoliticalcoach.com/vote.
One stop shopping, baby. That’s how I like it.
Let’s get right down to it.
1. Check your voter registration. Go to sassypoliticalcoach.com/vote. There’s a big ol’ button that says “VOTER REGISTRATION.” Click it. Use the drop down to click on your state. Then click “check if I’m registered to vote”. Follow the bouncing ball.
If you are not registered and you can still register by the deadline, do it. Make sure that you keep a copy of your voter registration – digital AND paper. Those hard working folks working at the polls may not necessarily be as digitally savvy as you are. Besides, you never know about the connectivity.
Hedge your bets. Make sure that you and everyone in your circle bring the paper copy to the polls if voting in person whether early voting or on the final election day. Make doubly sure that you do this especially the older members in your life.
The first step is to check your voter registration.
2. Decide HOW you are going to vote. In-person early voting, voting by mail, voting in-person on the final day of the election cycle. That’s step two in making your plan to vote. Decide how you are going to vote.
3. Voter ID If your state requires you to bring identification, make sure that you bring the government ID that is accepted at the polls. Go to my website – sassypoliticalcoach.com/vote. There’s a button – Voter ID – that links to a page where you can find out that information. Next you’ll click the drop down button to pick your state. You’ll see “learn more about voting.” Click that. Next you’ll see “Do I need ID to vote?” That’s where you will find the answer.
4. Find out what’s on the ballot. You’ll be surprised at all the things that are on a ballot that you’ve never heard of. Go to my website – sassypoliticalcoach.com/vote. There’s a button – Get My Sample Ballot – that links to a page where you can find your sample ballot. You’ll put in your address and when the sample ballots are available, download it and go to step 5.
5. Do some research. Get referrals. Ask around to folks you trust that know what’s what regarding what’s happening on the ballot. Of course, I’m voting straight Democrat. However, there may be non-partisan issues or elected official positions where the party affiliation isn’t on the ballot. So do what I do and talk to people you trust. Do some research and find out. Vote. Straight. Democrat. Up and down the ballot. Step 5: do your research.
6. How will you get to the polls? Walk? Bike? Public transportation? Car? Do you need a ride? Go to rideshare2vote.com. There’s also a link on my website at sassypoliticalcoach.com/vote.
7. Pick a date and time you are going to vote. Put it on your calendar.
8. Bring a bestie. Make it social! Make it a party. Decide where you’ll go to celebrate after – coffee, drinks, whatever.
These are the eight steps to make your very own plan to vote.
This is how you and I together bring Hell Hath NO FURY into the voting booth. This is what democracy looks like! Our vote is our voice. Let us roar!
Make. Your. Plan. To. Vote.
Le’ts summarize those eight steps on how to make your plan to vote.
1. Check your voter registration.
2. Decide how you are going to vote.
3. Do you need government ID to vote?
4. Find out what’s on the ballot.
5.Do some research.
6.How will you get to the polls?
7. Pick a date and time you are going to vote and put it on the calendar.
8. Bring a Bestie!
Thank you for reading!
Be sure to follow and like, subscribe and share with your friends and your family. Follow me on social media @sassypoliticalcoach. Make a comment. I’d love to know what you have to say.
Listen to my podcasts and watch other videos that provide more battle-hardened, practical, and politically savvy ways you can help us to elect Democrats from sea-to-shining sea.
I’ll be back soon with another episode of Hell Hath No Fury!
My name is Ana Maria, host of Sassy Political Coach™. Now go out and make “Hell Hath No Fury” our political rallying cry that creates OUR BIG BLUE WAVE!
“Battle Percussion Jungle Powerful Show Heavy Music” Music by REDproductions from Pixabay